Demolition For New Transmission Station
R. Baker was hired to perform total building demolition in a downtown area to make room for a new transmission station. An engineered demolition plan was provided in order to obtain proper demolition permits.
The project was commissioned in a densely populated area adjecent to operating businesses and residients. Noise and dust levels were all controlled and kept to a very minimum for public safety and conveinence.
The controlled demolition of existing features were coordinated with construction of new sub-staion building and equiptment. During the work day the area was constantly cleared of all debris and potential hazards and at the end of each shift the demolition area was broom swept. All debris was live loaded on a daily basis including curb, concrete, asphalt and driveways which were all removed and recycled. Total building demolition included slabs and foundations and all voids were backfilled and leveled.
The project included installation and maintainance of temporary jersey barriers, silt fences and a 5 foot chain link fences with colored fabric, in order to keep the station and excavation safe and secure at all times during demolition phases.
R. Baker utilized in house operators and employees who are experienced, licenced and OSHA certified. The project was completed with zero recorables and within project schedule.
Demolition Contractors in New York
- Surgical Demolition Project - Turbine Generator - New York (NYC)
- Fulton Fish Market Dismantling / Demolition Project NY - New York, NY
- R. Baker & Son Curtain Wall Projects - New York, NY
- Port Mobil Tank Farm & Builidng Demolition - Staten Island, NY
- World Trade Center Transportation Hub Project - WTC NYC
- Restoration of the United Nations - NYC
- Kings County Hospital - Tri State Area
- JFK'S American Airlines Terminal Demolition - New York
Trucking / Warehousing
Demolition Contractors in New Jersey
Plant and Machinery Movers
- United Nations: Moving The World's Treasures - Manhattan, NYC
- Facility Of The Year Award (FOYA) for Pharmadule Project - New Jersey
- Rigging Fire Truck at 9/11 Memorial Ceremony - Manhattan, NYC
- Domino Sugar: A Slice of History - Brooklyn, NY
- USS Intrepid - Manhattan, Pier 86, NYC
- Petrochemical Plant: Rigging & Dismantling - New Jersey
- Colgate Palmolive - Jersey City, NJ
- Dismantling and Rigging, Plant Relocation Project - New Jersey
- Complex Rigging in Pharmaceutical Plant - NJ