R. Baker & Son recently completed an equipment relocation project for Firmenich, the world’s largest flavor and fragrances company. The project entailed relocating large process equipment from the company’s Newark, New Jersey manufacturing plant to a newly-expanded facility in New Ulm, Minnesota. Relocated equipment included large spray dryer modules, solution prep modules, desiccant dryers, compressed air systems, supersack units, dryer pack-out, and miscellaneous associated equipment and instrumentation.
As equipment slated for relocation was meticulously identified, logged, disassembled, match-marked, crated, and readied for shipment by a team of R. Baker & Son millwrights, other crew members worked to open sections of trusses and I-beams for removal of the equipment through the four-story facility’s roof. Combo lulls, scissor lifts and forklifts were used to remove some of the machinery through existing openings. A 600-ton crane was utilized to hoist larger equipment through the roof opening directly onto waiting trucks, assisted by a 120-ton tailing crane used to move upright vessels into a horizontal position. Custom bracing was constructed for many of the vessels and equipment, some measuring as large as 60 ft., to prevent damage during transport. At the completion of the project, temporary roof supports were removed and I-beams and trusses were put back in place.
R. Baker & Son has performed hundreds of plant relocations of all sizes and levels of complexity to locations across the globe and can help you plan and successfully execute your project. For more information, contact us at 732-222-3553.
R. Baker & Son - All Industrial Services
Demolition Contractors in New Jersey
Plant and Machinery Movers
- United Nations: Moving The World's Treasures - Manhattan, NYC
- Facility Of The Year Award (FOYA) for Pharmadule Project - New Jersey
- Rigging Fire Truck at 9/11 Memorial Ceremony - Manhattan, NYC
- Domino Sugar: A Slice of History - Brooklyn, NY
- USS Intrepid - Manhattan, Pier 86, NYC
- Petrochemical Plant: Rigging & Dismantling - New Jersey
- Colgate Palmolive - Jersey City, NJ
- Dismantling and Rigging, Plant Relocation Project - New Jersey
- Complex Rigging in Pharmaceutical Plant - NJ
Wrecking / Razing
Demolition Contractors in New York
- Surgical Demolition Project - Turbine Generator - New York (NYC)
- R. Baker & Son Curtain Wall Projects - New York, NY
- World Trade Center Transportation Hub Project - WTC NYC
- Restoration of the United Nations - NYC
- Kings County Hospital - Tri State Area
- JFK'S American Airlines Terminal Demolition - New York