R. Baker & Son was awarded a project in New York City to dismantle and scrap the enclosure and air inlet duct for a retired-in-place combustion turbine/generator set and all associated equipment, ductwork, enclosures, and structural support components.
R. Baker provided labor, supervision, tools, equipment, scaffolding and materials required to complete the project in accordance with the scope of work specifications & contract drawings. Prior to mobilizing, a kickoff meeting was held and the approved Site Specific Health & Safety Plan was reviewed by all employees. Once mobilized, R. Baker’s project team cleaned up the work area and scaffolding was erected for abatement of the turbine and demising wall. The area was protected with guard rails and bollards and cordoned off with caution tape and perimeter netting.
As the abatement was being performed, R. Baker had an alternate crew dismantling and scrapping a rooftop stack and associated intake duct and exhaust duct. Once the rooftop stack was removed, new roof framing, metal decking, EPDM roofing membrane on rigid insulation, and recovery board were installed to close the opening made by the stack removal.
Upon completion of the abatement, crews dismantled and scrapped the turbine enclosure housing and stator. The project also required interior surgical demolition of steel beams, piping, conduits, junction boxes, devices, panels, and cabling. The project was kept clean, and at the end of each shift the work area was broom swept and all materials and equipment were properly stored to ensure a safe environment.
Tools and equipment utilized by R. Baker & Son during the project included electric forklifts, articulated man lifts, cranes, scaffolding, ladders, Sawzalls, dump hoppers, roll-off containers for debris, and 100% certified fall protection.
R. Baker & Son - All Industrial Services 190 Boundary Road Marlboro, NJ 07746 732-222-3553 http://www.rbaker.com
Demolition Contractors in New Jersey
Plant and Machinery Movers
- United Nations: Moving The World's Treasures - Manhattan, NYC
- Facility Of The Year Award (FOYA) for Pharmadule Project - New Jersey
- Rigging Fire Truck at 9/11 Memorial Ceremony - Manhattan, NYC
- Domino Sugar: A Slice of History - Brooklyn, NY
- USS Intrepid - Manhattan, Pier 86, NYC
- Petrochemical Plant: Rigging & Dismantling - New Jersey
- Colgate Palmolive - Jersey City, NJ
- Dismantling and Rigging, Plant Relocation Project - New Jersey
- Complex Rigging in Pharmaceutical Plant - NJ
Wrecking / Razing
Demolition Contractors in New York
- Surgical Demolition Project - Turbine Generator - New York (NYC)
- R. Baker & Son Curtain Wall Projects - New York, NY
- World Trade Center Transportation Hub Project - WTC NYC
- Restoration of the United Nations - NYC
- Kings County Hospital - Tri State Area
- JFK'S American Airlines Terminal Demolition - New York