A curtain wall is characterized as the thin outer covering of a building; the exterior walls are non-structural, normally aluminum-framed, containing infills of glass, metal, or flat stone. The framing is connected to the building construction and does not bear the floor or roof loads of the building.
On more extensive curtainwall projects, R Baker & Son worked together with Plan B Engineering to develop engineered and approved site-specific safety plans.
Baker has performed many safe, successful, on time and within budget curtain wall projects for numerous clients.
Some Past projects include:
- United Nations - Secretariat Building
Curtain Wall Dismantling Project:
This project required the removal of the entire 40 story Curtain Wall System on both the East and West sides of the building.
- United Nations - Conference Building
North & South Curtain Wall Abatement & Demolition Project.
- Union County Court House
2 Broad St, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Curtain Wall Removal Relocate Pre-Cast Panels and Perform Interior Demolition
- Sloan Kettering Memorial
Removal and Demolition of Curtain Wall
- American Dream Mall
East Rutherford, NJ
Removal and Demolition of Curtain Wall, Interior Demolition services to reconfigure entertainment center.
- Merck & Company
Relocated Pre-Cast Panels from Merck Kenilworth, NJ to Merck Rahway, NJ
Systematic Curtain Wall Removal and Relocation of Panels
Projects currently being performed include:
- Harborside JC
210 Hudson St, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Removal of entire Curtain Wall around the whole facility, located along the Hudson River in Downtown Jersey City.
- BASF Catalyst Division
33 S Wood Ave, Iselin, NJ 08830
Exterior Façade, Curtain Wall, and Solar Fins removal. including windows and framing.
For more detailed information with regards to R Baker & Son performing Curtain Wall Projects please click on the link.
Demolition Contractors in New Jersey
Plant and Machinery Movers
- United Nations: Moving The World's Treasures - Manhattan, NYC
- Facility Of The Year Award (FOYA) for Pharmadule Project - New Jersey
- Rigging Fire Truck at 9/11 Memorial Ceremony - Manhattan, NYC
- Domino Sugar: A Slice of History - Brooklyn, NY
- USS Intrepid - Manhattan, Pier 86, NYC
- Petrochemical Plant: Rigging & Dismantling - New Jersey
- Colgate Palmolive - Jersey City, NJ
- Dismantling and Rigging, Plant Relocation Project - New Jersey
- Complex Rigging in Pharmaceutical Plant - NJ
Wrecking / Razing
Demolition Contractors in New York
- Surgical Demolition Project - Turbine Generator - New York (NYC)
- R. Baker & Son Curtain Wall Projects - New York, NY
- World Trade Center Transportation Hub Project - WTC NYC
- Restoration of the United Nations - NYC
- Kings County Hospital - Tri State Area
- JFK'S American Airlines Terminal Demolition - New York